Written by Denise Miller, Firesteel Advocacy Manager
Today we hosted a Social Media 101 for Housing Advocates training, our fourth annual collaboration with Washington Low Income Housing Alliance and Seattle University’s Project on Family Homelessness.
I talked with Kizha Davidson, Director of Communications for YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish, about ways to use Facebook and Twitter to advocate for policies that can help ensure everyone has the opportunity to live in a safe, healthy, affordable home. Watch the video, and use your social media skills to participate in Social Media Day of Action tomorrow! Find all the details, plus sample messaging, here on our website.
More helpful links
Here are some accounts you can follow to stay in the know about housing and homelessness issues:
- Washington Low Income Housing Alliance on Facebook and Twitter
- Firesteel on Facebook and Twitter
- Seattle University Project on Family Homelessness on Facebook
- YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish on Facebook and Twitter
- All Home on Facebook and Twitter
And don’t forget to register for Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day, Feb. 2!